Covering my office walls are oversized sticky notes with life-giving Scriptures, prayers, mottos, and other life and leadership nuggets written as reminders.
These notes ignite my faith and help me stay focused on the truth and what is good and pure.
Let me share with you some of my favorites, and maybe they will strengthen you too.
* “Beware of paying attention or going back to what you once were when God wants you to be something that you have never been. “
* “Fill me with you, Lord, so that my first instinct and first response to others is love! Expecting nothing in return.”
* Clinging to your past makes it very hard to step into your future.
* Pray more than you plan
* Don’t put a due date on God’s appointed time. (Genesis 18:11-14)
* Active faith can praise a promise though not yet performed (2 Chronicles 20:18-19)
* Peace is not found in the absence of conflict but in the presence of forgiveness. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
* Stop looking for a significant ministry and make your ministry significant.
* Champion God’s agenda, and He will channel the resources.
* Paul accepted his adversity and used his platform to impact the Kingdom. (Acts 16:22-40)
* Freedom comes from obedience (Romans 6:15-18)
* Focus on who He is as opposed to what you are enduring. (Philippians 4:8-9)
* Either assist or resist the enemy. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
* There is built-in friction for those who know and serve Christ and those who don’t. (1 John 3:1)
What “one-liners” from above will you put into further study and action today? I would encourage you to spend time reading and praying the Scriptures and let the Lord lead you to what He wants to address in your life.