I am heavy-hearted as I write this week’s blog. The consuming emotion of feeling like a speeding train headed down a railless mountain is not that the culture is changing, there will always be a culture change, but it’s the graying of the moral lines with disappearance being the result. There is no “the truth” anymore; it is “your truth.”
In Paul’s last days, he wrote to Timothy and all followers of Christ a warning about the coming last days of our time. Paul specifically said, “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.” 2 Timothy 3:2-4
Just those two sentences alone sum up our culture. Our society is becoming “create your own truth.” And woe to those who disagree with “your truth.” But here is where the heaviness especially comes in. The push to radically redraw moral boundaries is being “fire-hosed” on our children.
That sounds about right, too; let the target be without wisdom, moldable, and teach complete tolerance. Can you see the danger in this, and on so many levels?
As Christians, we can defend our objective Truth, The Bible. We have clear, specific evidence of this Truth. Please hear me when I say this isn’t about bad people vs. good people. It’s about standing firm in our faith and teaching biblical truth to our children. We are to love everyone and be “light in the dark” places, but we are to be careful not to take the bait of postmodern denial of Truth.
What can we do now?
- Pray for our children. Pray for protection and for God’s Truth to be engraved on their hearts.
- “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4.
- Read Ephesians, 2 Timothy, and 1st And know that Jesus died for all so that they would not perish but have eternal life and not be condemned but save the world through him.
- Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.” John 10:10
- Again, this is not to bring about fear, anger, or division and dissension but for us to be focused and unified.
Father God, guide us in Your Truth. Grant us all a thirst for Your Word and engrave it on our hearts and minds. Lord, I pray for a spiritual hedge of protection around our children. Guard their minds against harmful instruction and grant them discernment to recognize Your Truth. May we continually walk in your Truth in our marriages, parenting, and all our relationships? May we all embrace the power of the Holy Spirit within us and the courage to stand firm. Lord, give us a compassionate, merciful heart to love others as you do. May we be Ambassadors of Christ who glorifies You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.